Have you heard about chalk markers? You may have because they have been increasing in popularity in the here and now. As a matter of fact, they are so popular and useful that they are being used at home, events, restaurants, schools and parties, just to name a few places. There is no doubt that chalk markers are poplar but there are still a lot of people who have no idea how to use them properly. If you want to know how to use them, we suggest that you follow the tips given below.
How To Activate
Before you go ahead and use the marker, the first thing that you need to do is shake the marker, pump and then start drawing. It’s as easy as you have read. Follow the steps given below to get it done.
1. Your first step is to hold the chalk marker diagonally. You don’t need to remove the cap. Instead, you should leave the cap on and then start shaking the marker.
2. Next, you should choose a flat surface, press the chalk tip on it lightly and then release it. Don’t press it more than a second. You may want to keep repeating this step until the tip of the chalk is filled up with the ink. Typically, it may take between 20 and 40 pumps. Just be careful not to damage the tip of the marker.
3. Once you can see the ink in the tip, you should choose a surface and then start drawing.
Tips To Draw The Right Way
· When pumping, you may want be careful not to put too much pressure on the marker tip. If too much pressure is applied, the tip may get deformed. As a result, you may have to buy another chalk marker.
· After use, you may want to store the pen in upright position with the cap on.
· Don’t forget to check the cap to make sure it is tight.
· Before drawing, make sure that the writing surface is clean.
· When erasing, we suggest that you make use of a damp and clean piece of clothing.
· Remember: the ink will take a while to dry.
· You need to keep in mind that chalk markers work on surfaces that are non-porous like slate chalkboards, porcelain chalkboards, metal and glass, just to name a few.
· Also, you should know that some chalkboards don’t work with chalk markers, such as MDF boards that are chalk-painted.
· Before you use the markers on a whole surface, you may want to carry out a spot test, which will help you find out if the surface is suitable for the chalk marker.